|Cargill's cultural roots rest on a vision that has guided those who founded and managed the company since its creation in 1865:
"To raise living standards around the world by delivering increased value to producers and consumers".
Based on this vision, Cargill has defined basic beliefs that are the cornerstone of relationships we build with customers, business associates, shareholders and the communities in which we do business.
- Integrity: Our word is our bond.
- Excellence: Making Cargill the best at whatever it does.
- Growth: Creating opportunities for individuals and our businesses.
- Teamwork: Pooling individual knowledge and skills through effective communication to build shared success.
- Long-term view: Having the patience and foresight to build sustainable businesses for the long haul.
- Desire Seeking to win in an open, level playing field.